2011 Schedule for ATS at ETS
On Thursday, November 17, 2011, ATS will convene its annual scholarly meeting in conjunction with the annual Evangelical Theological Society (ETS) meeting in two hotels: the San Francisco Marriott Marquis. and the Parc 55 Wyndham.
This year the ETS and ATS theme is “No Other Name.” All Adventist attendees can pick up name badges, which will give access to the ETS book exhibition hall, from the ETS registration desk. For the complete ETS program, which includes the ATS section (pp. 28-29, 34-35) and information regarding transportation, directions, and accommodations (pp. 2-3), download the PDF from the ETS program.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
Marriott - Pacific B
55 Fourth Street · San Francisco, California 94103 USA
Wyndham Parc 55
55 Cyril Magnin Street San Francisco, CA 94102
Directions from San Francisco International Airport to the Marriott Marquis hotel:
- Hwy 101 North to Hwy 80/Bay Bridge.
- Take the Fourth Street exit.
- Bear left on Bryant Street.
- Left on Third Street (one block).
- Left on Mission (four blocks).
- Right into the valet parking entrance
- (1/2 block).
- The hotel is at the corner of Mission and Fourth Street and across from the Metreon and Yerba Buena Gardens/Moscone Convention Center.
Parking at the Marriott Marquis:
- On-site parking – approximately $19 hourly, $65 daily
- Valet parking – approximately $60 daily
- Off-site parking – approximately $5 hourly, $32 daily
- Ltd valet & area parking. $10 fee for over-sized vehicles. In/out priv included.
- Use 780 Mission St. to map directions.
Directions from San Francisco International Airport to the Parc 55:
- Follow 101 North and merge onto Interstate 80.
- Take the Seventh Street exit.
- Merge right to Bryant Street.
- Turn left on Fifth Street.
- Cross Market Street.
- Fifth Street becomes Cyril Magnin.
- The carriage entrance to the hotel is on the left side of Cyril Magnin.
Parking at the Wyndham Parc 55:
- Valet Parking is available on-property and includes in and out privileges.
- Rates are approximately $50 per day for a regular size vehicle and $60 per day for oversized vehicles.
- Hourly rates for hotel guests and visitors are $10 for the first hour, $4 for each additional half hour with a maximum of $48 after 5 hours.
- For additional information please contact (415)392-8000 ext. 55.
|ATS Presenters at ETS|
|Morning presentations at the Marriott Marquis Hotel, Pacific B|
Marcelo E. C. Dias (Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary, Andrews University): The ‘Secret‘ Power behind Mission—the Name of Jesus
Frank W. Hardy (General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists): Heaven, Earth, and Sea: Acts 4:12 in its Textual Context
Tom Shepherd (Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary, Andrews University): No Other Power: The Reordering of Power and Its Implications for
Gerhard Pfandl (Biblical Research Institute, General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists): ‘No other name‘ — Why not?
|Afternoon presentations at the Parc 55 Hotel, Mission 2-3|
|Ron du Preez (Michigan Conference of Seventh-day Adventists): Exploring the ‘Sacred Name‘ Phenomenon|
Kyungho Song (Adventist Internal Institute of Advanced Studies, Philippines): The Uniqueness of Christ's Resurrection and Its Relation to Human Salvation: An Adventist Perspective
Anthony Kent (University of Queensland, Australia): Luke's Record of the Lystra Visit: No Other Name or Did Some OT Baggage Make the Journey?
Kessia Reyne Bennet (Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary, Andrews University): A Mission of Righteousness, Intercession, and Inclusion in Amos 9:11-12