A Committed Resource
The conviction that inspires the Adventist Theological Society arises out of a strong desire to foster biblical, theological, and historical studies that strengthen the Seventh-day Adventist Church's message and mission.
The resources of the Society are freely available to the world field, as Church leadership request theological assistance, training for workers, Bible symposia, and camp meeting speakers.
The Society engages in scholarly bridge-building with non-Adventist evangelical biblical scholars.
A Sense of Mission
The Adventist Theological Society (ATS) is an international, professional, nonprofit organization established as a theological resource for the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
As its logo expresses, the Society affirms the Bible and the Bible alone as the foundation of its scholarship and activities. As students of God’s Word we accept that all Scripture is inspired and that God reveals Himself to those who come to it with humble hearts. We recognize that our view of God’s Word and the centrality of the Gospel in its message are critical to the theological task before us.
The Society accepts the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church as its theological position and adheres to the Church’s voted “Methods of Bible Study” as its hermeneutical position.
The Society’s vision embraces a variety of values and goals:
- Promoting sound biblical scholarship among Seventh-day Adventist scholars, theologians, teachers, pastors, and Bible students;
- Exploring Scripture in order to better understand it;
- Creating a spiritual and intellectual atmosphere for fellowship and dialogue within the Church and offering support and collegiality to students of God’s Word;
- Upholding the fundamental beliefs and piety of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in education, in church life, and in the completion of its mission;
- Sponsoring Bible symposia and conventions in various parts of the world, providing opportunities for reading, discussion, and dissemination of scholarly thought;
- Interacting with Bible scholars and theologians beyond the Seventh-day Adventist community of faith;
- Publishing theological literature;
- Being a positive, relevant theological voice in the church and society at large.
For more information on our "Values" and "Goals" visit our Constitution
ATS is not just on the go, it’s online. www.atsjasts.org
offers Society members and visitors helpful information and theological resource. Here one can learn more about the Society membership and how to both join and subscribe online, or read recent JATS and PD articles, research a catalogue database of prior year JATS and PD articles, check the calendar of events for upcoming conferences and international trips, or order one of its many other publications. One can also become a Society Partner with their gifts toward specific Society projects, ventures, and values. The Society website is an important communication resource in a world where email and online bulletin boards, calendars, etc, enables easy and quick access to one another. We want you go be informed so you can belong, support, and plan.
Share the Experience
Be a part of a positive, relevant theological resource. Help touch Adventist leaders, pastors, theologians, and lay people with the depth and power of God’s Word. Take part in the inspiration. The learning. The passion. The influence. Share the ATS experience—by presenting a paper, becoming a member, giving a gift (financing JATS, PD, the publication (or translation) of an important book, an international venture), joining a team on one of our international conferences, publishing your paper, sponsoring an event, meeting with us.
Visit our membership page to view options and become an ATS member or subscriber.